01 March 2015

Ugh... snow.

Okay. I know that people in New England and Upstate New York have it waaaaay worse than we here in South Jersey, but I am over the snow and cold weather, and I've hated it since I was a child.
I was supposed to go hear a friend playing in the Philharmonic of Southern New Jersey today. The program was to highlight with Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition and would have meant an hour or so of my enjoying the music and whatever childhood memories the piece would have evoked. PLUS I would have had a couple hours of time with my friend afterward at dinner. It was to be a very pleasant afternoon. But, thanks to the snow, the concerts been postponed until next Sunday, and I won't be able to attend.
Well, at least I will make up the time with my friend tomorrow.
Instead of that, I am spending the afternoon copying CDs - mostly classical at the moment - into iTunes on my laptop. Later I will spend a few hours reading while I play whatever music I settle on.
On Tuesday, I have a rehearsal in Pitman for a High School production of The Wizard of Oz. Next Saturday is the first rehearsal with the orchestra for said production. I took the week off from work and there will be rehearsals and performances that entire week.

No comments:

Post a Comment