30 August 2009

Not much to add

Had first night of auditions tonight for my next project. The show is Willie Wonka, and I am the musical director. It is a community theater group. Heard some good oices, some not so good. I do like the choreographer - she reads music, so I am pleased about that. The director is a good guy. I've worked with him before (as an actor) and I think we should all be able to play nicely together.
There was a rumor mentioned that a certain person might come out for this show, and we all agreed that it would be best to keep that person far away from out production.
We have more auditions tomorrow, and call-backs are the day after that, tuesday. I am not sure I will be exactly enchanted with this one (another stupid story/lame score), but at least the staff is good... and who knows? We might get a halfway decent cast. The chorus is looking pretty good, so far, if female heavy.
My sister has threatened a visit tomorrow morning, but did not mention a time. I guess I'll try to be civil.
Perhaps I will put in some time and effort in job hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment