03 September 2009

At the library...

I really do hate my life, occassionally.
Anyhow, I am at the library because my laptop still is not really working. I can use the 'Opera' browser, because it is not a Windows Application, so it has not been hi-jacked, and I can open 'My Computer' and other folders, but NONE of the programs of files. Apparently, it has something to do with my rundll32.exe file. The error message says it cannot be found, but I found it, so I am guessing that it is either corrupted or something is preventing the computer from finding it.
At any rate, my neighbors works with some guy who My Neighbor claims is a genius with computers. The guy took my laptop. He said he had been dealing with WINDOWS POLICE PRO (the virus, combination Trojan and Rootkit) for two weeks successfully. That was yesterday. He said I'd get the laptop back today, and my neighbor swears that I'll be amazed at the results.
We shall see.
In other news, I decided to apply for SSA disability benefits, among other things. We (or at least I) shall see about all that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment