03 December 2009

fb chat

I spent some time on facebook tonight chatting with a friend who had some personal problems he needed to talk about. Not being a professional, I tried to offer what advice I could, and what seemed sound to me. He seemed to find it helpful, and I hope it was. I mention this only because I was also talking to a career counselor this (well, technically yesterday) afternoon, and we were discussing various job options and even jobs I would like to be an option, even if they weren't. One of those jobs, which I doubt would be feasible, requiring as it would years of schooling, was counselor.
Now, I do not want to pretend to actually know anything about what a good counselor does, but this is not the first time in my life by a long shot, that someone has come to me to talk about their personal issues. It is not the first time I have listened, and offered what little advise or insight I could; and it was not the first time someone has said to me that I was really very helpful and that I would make a good counselor. I've also been told I'd make a really good teacher.
I know this sounds vicious, but sometimes I wonder if people are off their skulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment