01 December 2009

Tech Week for Willie Wonka...

...is not going too badly. Not, in any case, as badly as some were predicting. The first "orchestra" (Read: 6 piece band) run-through did go on for about 4 hours, which did not exactly thrill my band-mates. Sorry, guys. There are some issues, still, but there almost always are in community theater.

The show itself is piffle, but it isn't nearly as horrible as some I've done recently. I will not mention any in particular, but only because I am getting ready to go to bed, and I don't want to have that in my head. There are some very talented young people in this production, and that is refreshing. The adult cast members are a talented lot as well, so that's all good.

I am looking forward to it's completion, but mainly because I need to get paid.

Next week, we are doing auditions for Grease at Lindenwold HS. Again, not a favorite show, but so few of them really are. Grease does have some almost decent music in it, if you are into the whole 50's thing. Regretfully, the choreographer is very excited about adding the two songs from the movie version that I really hate - "hopelessly devoted" and I forget the name of the other one for the moment. It was just on the tip of my tongue, but I do have a tendency to quickly forget things that make me want to shudder. I do, however, really enjoy working the Lindenwold shows, so I am looking forward to it, even if I can't stand the actual show. And there are so many I hate much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment