02 December 2009

YouTube

I am in the middle of Series 1, Episode 2 of Being Human, a british show about a werewolf, a vampire and a ghost who share a flat while trrying to control their baser natures and form a bond in the face of great peril. It's rather entertaining, actually, not least of all because the vampire is totally hot. It does have quite a lot of funny lines in it, and of course the british accent is charming to an american like myself.
While I have not seen or read any of the Twilight series (and am not in the least tempted to do so) I have always been enthralled with vampire films and shows - ever sinve 1966 when dark Shadows came on the air. Even as a child I found Barnabas Collins to be attractive. Now I look back and think otherwise. I was also very much taken with the series of vampire novels by Anne Rice to a point. I don't remember which of her books was the last I read, but I think I am rather satisfied with the first two. Her witch novels only marginally kept me satisfied. The Mummy, which was a completely "romantic" story about (what else) an eternally living (and apparently completely sull of the sexy) Egyptian pharoah who was changed into a mummy by some witch in a cave. It was rather trashy, basically, but I certainly did enjoy it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment