04 December 2009

Traffic problems predicted...

My hometown is predicting a traffic jam, and it is therefore deemed wise to avoid a certin intersection at a certain time. The web post that warns us of this potential problem does not mention the particular reason that they are expecting this traffic problem. Our town is to be bleesed with a visit from our friends at the one and only Westboro Baptist Church.
My first reaction upon hearing of this pending visit was to check to make sure my camera batteries were all charged. My natural inclination is to go there and start some trouble. But no, it is not to be. For one thing, I do not see how any trouble I could cause would do any good for anyone. Besides that, I am sure that the asshats at the WBC would like nothing more. They are, after all, simply a collection of attention seeking wing-nuts, so any response they get will only validate their own desires for notoriety and feed into their neuroses. So upon further consideration, I have decided to sleep in that day (which I would probably be doing anyway.)
Then, of course, I saw this. While I can ill afford to give money to anyone, I will do it just the same. A dollar for every minute the WBC spends in front of Cherry Hill HS East. The actual protest is scheduled to last for 45 minutes, but I do not know how long it takes for them to set up, and remove themselves. I do know that they are expected to appear elsewhere in town very shortly after the East appearance, so if they are as prompt as they are f**ked in the head, I will probably not have to spend much more than 45 dollars. I will gladly do it, though. I think these people are well deserving.
I would like to see this sort of response continue. If the Matthew Shepard Foundation then sends a thank you note to the WBC for their efforts in fund-raising for the MSF, I'd really get a good laugh out of it.
And isn't that, after all, the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment